Friday 8 March 2013

Bye Bye Muffin Top…

I am not overweight, but haven’t, for some time, been the slender shape of my youth. Following the birth of my children I developed the mummy-tummy that so troubles those of us who like low waist jeans, and a predilection for tummy skimming shirts that disguised this muffin top!

So, the opportunity presented to me to tone up the tummy and lose some inches while doing nothing more strenuous than lying on a treatment bed was one I wasn’t about to refuse.

Cheshire Endermologie® is an ultra-discreet clinic based in Sale, run by Rachel Gibbons. Endermologie® is a real non-surgical alternative to liposuction. It works by creating a constant suction between two motorised rollers, this creates a skin fold, stretches the underlying tissue and helps to smooth the layer between the dermis and hypodermis of the skin- the bit where we store excess fat and – whisper it – cellulite.

That’s the science bit – in real life it’s actually quite entertaining and certainly serves to relax the room, as it were! Firstly Rachel requests that you strip to bra and pants while she takes some photos and measures your tummy, hips, thighs and the distance between the bottom crease and your knee. She then passes you a white bodystocking and leaves the room while you contort yourself into it, in my case giving myself an attack of the giggles as I realised that all I needed was a blue hat and I could have run away with the Smurfs. (The body stocking both helps you maintain your dignity and enables the kit to work to its full potential at maximum comfort levels.)

The various actions undertaken all drive towards the multiple ‘Holy Grail’ objectives of fat reduction, muscle toning, skin firming and cellulite reduction.

I was booked in for ten sessions across a five week period. After session five I realised that I was already tightening my belt by a notch. I also noticed that my posture and muscle tone was improving. This had the effect of me becoming a lot more aware of my posture overall, I walked taller and pulled my tummy muscles in tighter whenever I was on the move. It was apparent that my muscles were more responsive to being pulled in, so I did it more…a kind of virtuous circle.

Rachel explained that the Endermologie® treatment works not only to pummel away fat, but also to remind the muscles of where they should be and how they should work. It’s not just the tummy muscles either; it has a good go at your bum too!

As the weeks progressed I began to feel neater and more compact and there is no longer a ring of fat resting on the top of my belt!

Chuffed doesn’t cover it. We re-did the measurements at the end of the course and discovered that I’ve lost more than three inches in total from my midriff, an inch and half of that from the waist alone! My bum has also lifted, my thighs are slimmer and I have regained my waistline too.

I have to say, the whole experience has been great. Rachel is incredibly knowledgeable and smart at explaining how it all works and what to expect; we spent every session chattering away like old friends (it’s hard to maintain a distance when someone’s hoovering your derrière) and I’m thrilled with the results!

Contact Rachel on 0161 282 9533 or visit her website.


No comments:

Post a Comment