Friday 22 March 2013

Origins Drink Up Intensive


Ageing plays havoc with your skin...I'm not kidding.  Right up through my twenties and even my thirties I took my fine skin, spot and blemish free, for granted.  Now, comfortably into my forties, the rapid onset of age related dryness, fine lines and dark shadows has led to a skincare obsession that I'm very happy to share with loyal Little Bird fans!
Drink Up Intensive is an overnight mask from Origins, who create skin and body care products using natural ingredients, is one of my absolute favourite bathroom cupboard essentials.
 
They say:  "Skin depends on water for its youthful functioning. But all day long, skin loses vital moisture. And the busier you are, the more it loses. This intense moisture replacement mask deeply quenches compromised moisture reserves and builds a reservoir for tomorrow. Japanese Seaweed repairs skin's barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging."
 
I say: Love love love it!  It's a bit smelly and an odd shade of green, but once you get past that it's all good.  It's only to be used a couple of times a week, so fit perfectly with my somewhat erratic skin care regime.  It doesn't all soak in, (so you can keep on smelling it for a wee while, joy), but it doesn't stay damp on the skin, so you needn't worry about getting all over the pillow.  In the morning, when I wash it off, my skin feels soft and strokable - a feeling that lasts all day.
 
It's been particularly welcome this winter, as me and my face battle through wind, rain, snow and hail every morning as I walk the children to school.
 
It's only £20 and has lasted me ages.  Months and months.  Which means that it has magnificent value for money and does what it promises too.  Can't really ask more than that, can you?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment